Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, this position is accountable for development, improvement and facilitation of manufacturing processes, ensuring the daily effective production. This role also provides coordination of engineering projects, ensuring plant daily production volumes and quality standards are met on a continuous and cost efficient manner.
•Developing and documenting manufacturing processes
• Identify improvements to existing processes
• Improve labor efficiencies through application of engineering methods
• Address production bottlenecks to improve delivery Performance
• Controllable spending within budget including cost reduction
• Strategic planning & budgeting
• Develop Quality improvements
• Develop preventative maintenance procedures
• Construct failure modes and effects analysis
• Continuous improvement including formal kaizen activity
• Provides Technical Expertise
• Project Management (research, justification & implementation)
• Safety responsibilities which include: supporting safety initiatives, proactively addressing safety issues, timely reporting of all accidents, corrective action on all accidents, enforcing all safety rules, machine guarding, housekeeping, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Time Management
• Resource Management
• Rapid Response
• CNC Machining
• Lean Manufacturing including 5S, standard work, error proofing, etc.
• Problem solving
• Six Sigma
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: B.S. Degree in Engineering
• 5 years management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with metal forming / machining
• Powered metal experience preferred
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions).
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools
**ELMET TECHNOLOGIES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER**